OUR HISTORY...

The BONNICI family has established its roots in the village of Burmarrad where a large number of farmers earn their living.

 

In 1935, Emanuel Bonnici opened a carpentry shop at N0 40, Burmarrad Road, Burmarrad manufacturing wooden horse / cow drawn ploughs and as time went by, he converted his shop in an ironmongery shop and a petrol station which is still operating today.

 

After WW II, Francis Bonnici joined Emanuel bringing new ideas and the importation of farm machinery started in 1948. They started importing stationary engines & deep well water pumps, portable pumping sets, MEADOWS industrial engines and generators from England. HOWARD rotary cultivators and POPE sprinklers were imported from Australia and the OLIVIER crawler tractor was imported from America.

 

In 1954, the Maltese farmers saw the first AGRIA diesel, rotary cultivator which was imported from Holland, because of WW II export restrictions.

 

In order to improve business, they have established BONNICI STORES LTD. which was registered as a Limited Liability Company in November of 1971.

 

Today, BONNICI STORES LTD. is responsible for the importation, distribution and aftersales service of various machinery for Agriculture, Construction, Industrial and Marine. The Company’s operations are an Ironmongery shop and Petrol Station, a 3 floor showroom and office, and another 3 floor stores consisting of workshop and parts store.

 

Today, the company is owned by Vincent, Joseph, David, and Godfrey Bonnici which are still following their father's footsteps.

With more than 60 years in business, we are proud with the service we have given and continue give to our clients.

OUR SERVICES...

We are one of Malta's leading suppliers of: